Novel connection. When Richie punches Russell in the face, his mother wants to call the principal, however, Russell wants to keep quiet about the whole incident. Russell’s mom’s response was, “I’m not doing nothing. If one adult did this to another, he be in jail. Why should it be different for kids?” (p. 45)
Blog Question: Should kids solve their own problems or should adults/parents get involved? Explain.
I think that parents should get involved, if it's getting as serious as hurting someone or hurting yourself. Sometimes I think that kids want to tell their parents, or adults but are kind of afraid. Either afraid that they're gonna be called "Tattle Tails", or afraid that that someone who was doing something wrong might make their lives miserable. Sometimes we also think that the problem might solve itself when time passes.
We're also at a stage that sometimes we don't feel like we get a lot of privacy, so we don't really want to tell our parents. Sometimes, we can be nieve, we think that we can handle it, when sometimes we just can't.
Revealers- Keeping Quiet
17 years ago
Hi Max!
ReplyDeleteI really agree with your points. I think kids are afraid to tell their parents or other adults.
I really like your points. They are true and I really like when you say that children are afraid to tell their parents. Maybe you should add a quote from the book.
ReplyDeleteHey Max!
ReplyDeleteIt's really good how you gave examples of real life situations like "Either afraid that they're gonna be called "Tattle Tails", or afraid that that someone who was doing something wrong might make their lives miserable.". I know that alot of people don't tell their parents stuff because they are scared of being called "Tattle Tails"